Effective: April 21, 2021
Last Reviewed: April 20, 2021
NGC respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal information when you visit our websites (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
NGC's Privacy Notice for California Residents is supplemental to this notice and maybe accessed here.
Purpose of this Privacy Notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how NGC collects and processes your personal information through your use of all of NGC's websites, including any data you may provide through this website when you open an account, place orders to purchase a product or service directly for yourself, on behalf of your end users, or to purchase a product or service for another person. NGC operates both public-facing and commercial-based websites in support of its international businesses (collectively, the "Sites").
None of the Sites are intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Information We Collect
Personal information means any information about an individual from which that person may be identified. It does not include data that has been aggregated or de-identified. In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from our consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Identity Data includes company name, individual first and last names, username or other similar identifier, and title.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Transaction Data includes details about types, variety, and use of products ordered, the method of delivery, payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our Sites, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Sensitive Personal Data* may include medical information, protected legal status, and professional or education information.
We use different methods to collect data from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on the Sites or on other Sites which employ our Cookies.
- From other sources. For example, from the information provided to us by your employer in order to send you a gift card as part of an employee benefit program.
* Note that sensitive personal data like protected legal status, medical information, and professional or education information are only collected when such information is voluntarily disclosed by the sender of a gift card (e.g. an employer sends a gift card to an employee containing an inscription which reference the employee's current job or health status). We do not seek out this information, and we use it only for processing the corresponding gift card order.
Use of Personal Information
We may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information;
- For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate the transaction. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Sites, products, and services;
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us;
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud;
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses;
- To personalize your experience on our Sites and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Sites, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law);
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Sites, products, databases and other technology assets, and business;
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Sites, products, and services;
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations;
- As described to you when collecting your personal information; and
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our consumers is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for the following purposes. When we disclose personal information for these purposes, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. We may share your personal information:
- with service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business as needed for them to provide us with services that help us with our business activities and promote our products to you;
- with Software/IT service providers we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- when we believe sharing is necessary to protect our rights, preserve safety, investigate fraud or other wrongdoing;
- when required by law, which includes complying with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to a government or regulatory request;
- in connection with the sale, transfer or financing of our business or its assets;
- to enforce or apply our agreements, including for billing or collection purposes; and
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
The Sites may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our Sites, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Our Sites may use "cookies" and other tracking technologies to gather information about your interactions. This information may include demographic data, browser type, IP address, pages visited, activities conducted on the page, and the day and time of your visit. We do not currently honor "do not track" signals from a web site browser. Please refer to your computer browser help instructions for more information on cookies and other related technologies and how to manage their use. If you refuse or delete cookies, you will need to repeat the process if you use another computer or change browsers. If you refuse or delete cookies, some of the functionality of our Sites could potentially be impaired.
Pages of our Sites may also contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that allow us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages. We may use this information to provide a better website user experience, and tailor our marketing communications.
Your Legal Rights
For specific legal rights available to California residents, please visit our supplemental Privacy Notice for California Residents.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
NGC continues to make available information to help our users better understand NGC's processing of personal information and how to exercise choices regarding the use of their personal information through various channels including this privacy notice.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on our Sites and update the notice's effective date. Your continued use of any of our Sites following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which NGC collects and uses your information described here, or your choices and rights regarding such use, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Phone: 1 888.472.8747
NGC US, LLC
Attn: Compliance Department
300 Millennium Drive
Crystal Lake, Illinois 60012